May 30, 2018 at 15:35 #21037
I have a situation where I have 5 rules (each of which uses a different drop down trigger). I’m trying to set it up so that, if only one of those rules is true (the trigger = “Yes”), then a single notes field becomes visible and is required.
What happens now:
Triggers default to empty (no choice)
1. Trigger 1 = Yes, Triggers 2-5 unchanged: Notes field visible and required
2. Trigger 1 = No, Triggers 2-5 unchanged: Notes field hidden and not required
3. Trigger 2 = Yes, Triggers 1 and 3-5 unchanged: Notes field visible and required
At this point, if any trigger is set to no, the Notes field hides but is required
It looks like what happens is that the No from the next changed trigger overrides. I tried the No Reversal option, but that doesn’t help if someone changes a Yes to No appropriately.
How can I set it up so that if ANY of the 5 triggers is Yes, then that one Notes field is visible and required?
May 30, 2018 at 18:54 #21041
If I understand correctly, you want to have Notes field become visible and be required if ANY of the 5 trigger fields is set to Yes.
If I’m correct, try this:
1. Create a separate rule for each trigger field. The rule should evaluate to TRUE if the trigger field is changed to Yes. Do not include any actions in the rule.
2. Create a sixth rule that links all the other rules and if any one of them is TRUE, sets the Notes field to visible and required.
May 31, 2018 at 18:29 #21043
@Adrian: Please post back how it worked out – or if you have any questions.
June 14, 2018 at 20:39 #21200
I haven’t been able to make it work exactly how I want it to yet, but I’m definitely much closer with this answer. If I should get it to all work the way I want it, I’ll certainly let you all know.
Thanks to you both for your quick responses. I’m sorry for my delay.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.