Reversals on one field visible/required when referenced by 5 rules

Forums Classic DFFS Reversals on one field visible/required when referenced by 5 rules

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Adrian Blagg
      Participant

Hi,

I have a situation where I have 5 rules (each of which uses a different drop down trigger). I’m trying to set it up so that, if only one of those rules is true (the trigger = “Yes”), then a single notes field becomes visible and is required.

What happens now:
      Triggers default to empty (no choice)
      1. Trigger 1 = Yes, Triggers 2-5 unchanged: Notes field visible and required
      2. Trigger 1 = No, Triggers 2-5 unchanged: Notes field hidden and not required
      3. Trigger 2 = Yes, Triggers 1 and 3-5 unchanged: Notes field visible and required
      At this point, if any trigger is set to no, the Notes field hides but is required

It looks like what happens is that the No from the next changed trigger overrides. I tried the No Reversal option, but that doesn’t help if someone changes a Yes to No appropriately.

How can I set it up so that if ANY of the 5 triggers is Yes, then that one Notes field is visible and required?

Keith Hudson
      Participant

Adrian:
      If I understand correctly, you want to have Notes field become visible and be required if ANY of the 5 trigger fields is set to Yes.
      If I’m correct, try this:
      1. Create a separate rule for each trigger field. The rule should evaluate to TRUE if the trigger field is changed to Yes. Do not include any actions in the rule.
      2. Create a sixth rule that links all the other rules and if any one of them is TRUE, sets the Notes field to visible and required.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Thanks Keith!

@Adrian: Please post back how it worked out – or if you have any questions.

Alexander

Adrian Blagg
      Participant

I haven’t been able to make it work exactly how I want it to yet, but I’m definitely much closer with this answer. If I should get it to all work the way I want it, I’ll certainly let you all know.

Thanks to you both for your quick responses. I’m sorry for my delay.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.