Resize textarea in IE

Forums Classic DFFS Resize textarea in IE

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Gerard Graham
      Participant

Hi there

Is there a simple way of using the jquery-ui.js to allow textarea resizing in IE through DFFS. I’d like to allow IE users to increase the size of a textarea if they wish to. See http://jqueryui.com/resizable/ for details.

Thanks

Gerry

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      You should be able to refer this library (JS and CSS files) in your CEWP (or custom area in JSLink setup) and address the textarea like this:

$(function() {
          $("#dffs_textAreaFieldInternalName").find("textarea").resizable({
            handles: "se"
          });
        });

Change “textAreaFieldInternalName” for your fields internal name.

Please note that this will work for plain text fields only.

Alexander

William Nevarez
      Participant

Hi Alex,
      will the resizeable function above also work with lookup field with multiple option capabilities? Im using DFFS v3.352

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I’m not so familiar with it, but if it supports “select” tags you might be able to address these and use it. You would have to test it to see.

Alexander

William Nevarez
      Participant

Thank you Alex…regretfully I am unable to get any of the formatting I attempt to work consistently on all tabs. Any formatting I input will only take affect on the first tab but the other tabs in the form. Any ideas on how to make the formatting consistent across all tabs?

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      The form is more or less redrawn when you select a new tab. Any side-by-side will be removed and recreated so you might have to apply your formatting on click on each tab (click function name in the tab).

Alexander

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.