Print function in DFFS

Forums Classic DFFS Print function in DFFS

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      avala
      Participant

We’re excited to use the print and email from the DFFS form you recently introduced. During testing I noticed a lot of the CSS and vLookup column header styling does not transfer over. In vLookup tables with a lot of columns, the print out tends to get messy. Is this something we can configure? At minimum I’m looking to keep vLookup column headers looking a little more clean. I’ve attached some examples below.

Bonus, when printing a form with a vLookup configure with folders, we have to remember to click on the folder icon to show all documents underneath for it to appear in the print out. Is there a way to automate this the folder is always “expanded?”

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      I have done some small changes to the upcoming release related to some icons in the vLookup table was not rendering in the printout.

My test printout does however look better than your example, and I wonder if you are using the correct (latest) version of teh js and css files for DFFS?

Alexander

avala
      Participant

Sorry I missed your reply. I have updated to the most current DFFS files and I do see improvement in the spacing between the vLookup headers and items.

Can you clarify what will and will not show up in the print out? Much of the HTML formatting in headers, horizontal lines, etcetera will show in the print preview but not in the actual printout or PDF.

You can compare the difference in the attachments below.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 1 month ago by avala.
      Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

If it shows in the print preview, I think this is a printer / browser issue. Do you see a “Print background and images” or equivalent checkbox in the print preview window?

If not, try searching the web for something like this: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/296326

Alexander

avala
        Participant

That fixed it. Thanks, as always, for your help and going above and beyond. You deserve a few barrels of beer!

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I’m glad it worked.

Best regards,
      Alexander

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.