Possible bug with v4.4.3.24 – this took forever

Forums Classic DFFS Possible bug with v4.4.3.24 – this took forever

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      AdamP
      Participant

I’ve just installed v4.4.3.24 from 13th November.
      In sharepoint 2010 I’m seeing a “this took forever” message on the form overlay – it seems to be because I’m NOT using tabs. If I enable a tab then the form loads normally.

Jhap
      Participant

I believe the bugs is in DFFS_frontend_min.js

We are using SharePoint 2013. I have some forms using AUTOCOMPLETE and it does not load and after a while it will show a message “this took forever“.

For now I am using DFFS backend version v4.4.3.24 and frontend version 4.4.3.10 and its working fine.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      Sorry for the delay.

Adam: I’ve confirmed this behavior when not using tabs and will fix it in the next release.

Jhap: I’m not able to recreate this behavior. Do you see any errors in the developer console (hit F12 > Console)?

Could you try using the updated loader files from here and let me know if it makes any difference?

Alexander

AdamP
      Participant

Thanks Alexander.
      It’s pushed me to experiment with tabs for the first time, so it’s been a positive thing for me.
      Do you want me to try the updated loader files??

Adam

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi Adam,
      No, the loader files will not fix the problem with having no tabs. I’ll get this fix out in a new release next week.

Alexander

Pamela
      Participant

I had a different issue…previously created rule based tabs stopped loading (no ‘this took forever’ message). I reverted back to the previous version and the tabs load as expected. Info sharing only, I’ll wait for a future release.

Thanks!
      Pamela

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Sorry about that – I had a release with this fix lined up last week, but got a few other issues that I had to look into. I plan to get out a new version this week.

Alexander

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.