Possible Bug in Edit Form with Multi-Select

Forums Cascading dropdowns Possible Bug in Edit Form with Multi-Select

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Alexander Bautz 5 months ago.

• Author

Brent Caudill
    Participant

Hi Alexander,

I may have run into a bug in the Edit form when using a multi-select cascade. The issue presents itself when the multi-select field only has a single option available. When this is the case, the underlying SP field is not populated when loading the edit form (see attached image).

The ‘All Options’ and ‘Selected Options’ boxes are outlined in red, and I have to remove the ‘selected option’ and add it back for it to update the SP field correctly. Otherwise, if you save the form without re-adding the selection, it saves the item with an empty SP field.

If the multi-select field has more than one option available, it populates the underlying SP field with the selected option(s) correctly on load.

I have updated my install to the latest version of DFFS (4.4.2.5) and Cascading Dropdowns (3.6.6)

Any help resolving this would be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Brent

Attachments:

Alexander Bautz
    Keymaster

Hi,
    I have looked at it, and think I have found the cause. I’m away for the weekend, and will not be able to publish a new version until late Sunday – or possibly Monday.

Alexander

Alexander Bautz
    Keymaster

Could you please test this new version to see if it behaves better?

Get it here and replace it in “SPJS/DFFS/plugins”.

As the “DFFS loader” has not been updated you might find the previous version cached. Look at the version information by hovering over the “Enhanced with DFFS” link below the DFFS enabled form, and ensure the cascading dropdown plugin has v3.6.7. If not, try opening the developer tools > network and clear the cache from there.

Alexander

Brent Caudill
    Participant

Thanks for the quick response Alexander!

I just ran through several tests and it appears to be fixed with v3.6.7

Thanks again!
    Brent

Alexander Bautz
    Keymaster

Thanks for the feedback.

Alexander

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.