Password after upgrade from DFFS v2

Forums Classic DFFS Password after upgrade from DFFS v2

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Scott Branch
      Participant

I have a SharePoint site that was just upgraded from SP 2010 to SP 2013. It had DFFS version 2 installed. My forms did not display. I have now installed the latest version of DFFS. I used the “local installer” to “Remove ALL Content Editor Web Part from this form” and then “install DFFS”. The tabs actually migrated but now the old DFFS password does not work. Has it been reset to a default? If so, what is it?

If not, how can I reset it?

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      The password hasn’t been reset so there might be a problem with the validation of the password. You can go to the list “SPJS-DynamicFormsForSharePoint” in “All site content” and locate the config by the relative path in the Title field. Look at the “blob” content and remove the “pass” from it so it looks like this:

{"defer":0,"userID":12,"pass":"",........

PS: I suspect you might have some issues when loading this old config in DFFS backend. Please use F12 > Console to look for errors, and I can assist you in fixing your original config to load properly.

Alexander

Scott Branch
      Participant

I was able to clear the password and access the “Enhanced with DFFS” menu. Within the menu, the Rules appear correct but the Tabs are not showing at all. Also, the SharePoint list that I accessed to clear the password was named “SPJS-DynRequiredSettings” which is different from the list that you provided. Is that important?

I opened IE Debug to view the errors when I launched the form. I see lots of “Script70: Permission denied” errors with NewForm.aspx. Nothing else seems to stand out. What kind of error are you expecting?

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

The list name is correct as it was created with v2. I have added backwards compatibility for using the old list name, but you should probably rename it’s display name to “SPJS-DynamicFormsForSharePoint” to avoid having to run two queries – please note that this will break compatibility with v2, but if this isn’t working anyways it would be a good idea.

Could you email me the “blob” so I can have a look at it? – you are probably missing some properties that the latest DFFS version requires to load it correctly. I haven’t been able to have full backwards compatibility when upgrading from v2 to v4 – only if you upgraded via v3.

Alexander

Scott Branch
      Participant

Thank you for the help. Here is the Blob.

[removed]

If it is just easier for us to recreate it from scratch, I can do that as well. If I want to try that, how do I clear out the old form data?

• This reply was modified 6 years, 10 months ago by Alexander Bautz. Reason: Removed blob
      Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Thanks, I think I found the the setting that made it fail to load. Go to one of the DFFS enabled forms – for example NewForm (only to have the scripts available) and hit F12 > Console to bring up the console. If you use Internet Explorer you must click the double “up chevron” in the bottom right corner to paste the below script.

Paste this script and hit enter (or Ctrl + Enter in IE). Follow the prompts to update each config. I recommend updating one at the time to ensure this update fixes the problem.

You will have to look trough the settings for each for to ensure it behaves as you want as some things work slightly different from v2 (due to several bugfixes and enhancements).

function fixDFFSblob(){
      	console.clear(); 
      	var res = spjs.utility.queryItems({"listName":"SPJS-DynamicFormsForSharePoint","query":"<Where><IsNotNull><FieldRef Name='blob' /></IsNotNull></Where>","viewFields":["ID","Title","blob"]});
      	jQuery.each(res.items,function(i,item){
      		try{
      			var o = jQuery.parseJSON(item.blob);
      			if(o.accordion === undefined){
      				if(confirm("Click OK to update the config for \""+item.Title+"\".")){
      					o.accordion = {"on":false,"firstopen":false,"individual":true,"skip":[]};
      					var uRes = spjs.utility.updateItem({"listName":"SPJS-DynamicFormsForSharePoint","id":item.ID,"data":{"blob":JSON.stringify(o)}});
      					if(uRes.success){
      						console.log("--Updated config for \""+item.Title+"\"");
      					}else{
      						console.log("**FAILED to update \""+item.Title+"\"");
      					}
      				}
      			}			
      		}catch(ignore){
      			// Do nothing
      		}
      	});
      	return "DONE";
      }
      fixDFFSblob();

Please note that you need to update the list name “SPJS-DynamicFormsForSharePoint” in the script to the old one if you haven’t already renamed the list.

Le me know how this works out.

Best regards,
      Alexander

Scott Branch
      Participant

I am getting an error – “Unterminated string constant” – when I attempt to run it. Any chance that your copy and paste lost something? Or mine?

I will email you my version with the v2 name in it so you can compare it.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.