Need HTML button to upload document directly

Forums Classic DFFS Need HTML button to upload document directly

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Adamya Kant
      Participant

Hi Alex

I am using DFFS in SharePoint list which has capability of having only one attachment field.

My requirement is to have multiple attachment fields within SharePoint list. Can achieve this using DFFS.

If not, can we add multiple buttons which will upload a document in specific library?

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I don’t have any solutions for adding multiple “Choose file” buttons in the add attachment form for a list item, but I wonder if you may have misunderstood how it works.

A SharePoint list item can have multiple attachments, but you must add one attachment – hit OK to save it to the form, and then hit the attachment button again to add another one. You don’t have to save the form between each attachment you add.

Alexander

Adamya Kant
      Participant

Hi Alex

Thanks for response.

I understand this very well.

However, what I need is I have 4 rows in form where I am capturing details. For each detail, I need to keep attachment field so that users can attach row related attachment.

Is this possible?

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

If you use different tabs in DFFS you can add the attachment field in each tab, but the list of attachments will be shared so you cannot determine which tab the attachment originated from.

The only option I can think of is to use four different vLookup columns and store the attachments in a document library.

Alexander

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.