Need a way to show one field in AC options, but set value to another…

Forums Autocomplete Need a way to show one field in AC options, but set value to another…

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Alexander Bautz 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author

Celeste Garcia
    Participant

Enhancement request!

Add option to save one value in an AC field, but show another in the drop-down list.

Right now I have showField set to a calculated field (full street including prefix and street type), but need to save only part of it to the AC field (street name only). This is so I can set enforceUniqueValues to true and still show all prefix/name/type combinations. But setting showField to the calculated field creates duplicated values in the new calculated string.

Tried using setFields setting to force a different value on the AC field, but it won’t accept.

Hopefully this makes sense! Thank you!

Alexander Bautz
    Keymaster

Hi,
    I’m about to release the new production release of DFFS and plugins and this is supported in the latest version of SPJS-AC. You can have one “showField” and multiple “optionDetailFields” to show in the dropdown. Keep an eye out for it on Monday.

Best regards,
    Alexander

Celeste Garcia
    Participant

I have updated to the newest version of DFFS – thank you! However, what I need is to have one “showField” value, but save another field’s value into the “applyTo” field itself…

Alexander Bautz
    Keymaster

Ah, I see. Unfortunately this isn’t supported as it is the actual value in this field thats used when searching for matches. Could I suggest that you set up a new field for the AC used for the actual search, and then set the “primary” field using the “setFields” array?

Alexander

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.