Multiline Textfield Read-only

Forums Classic DFFS Multiline Textfield Read-only

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Corina Honegger
      Participant

Hi Alex

The new version is really great, congrats! 🙂
      Unfortunately there is something strange when I try to make a multiline texfield (append mode) ready-only. It doesn’t show up the already written text. It just show the grey dashed field without the entries. Is there a way to show them either when it is not allowed to add new entries?

Thanks
      Corina

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      This is currently not added to DFFS, but I have had other requests. This is a workaround you can use.

Add a function like this to the “Custom JS”

function appendHistory(){
      	var history = $("#dffs_Textarea1").find("td.ms-formbody div.dffs_tdWrap div").has("a").html();
      	$("#dffs_Textarea1").find("td.dffs-readonly-inner div.dffs_tdWrap").append("<div style='margin:2px;padding:3px;border:2px silver dashed;background-color:#ffffff;'>"+history+"</div>");
      }

You must change “Textarea1” to your own FieldInternalName.

Then add a call to this function on the rule that sets the field read only (in the “Run these functions” field).

Let me know how this works out.

Alexander

Corina Honegger
      Participant

This fix works for me, thank you very much! 🙂

Jeff Lynch
      Participant

I’m trying to implement this and it comes back as “undefined” what might I have missed here. We had issues with the field internal name because it had underscores that were converted to the code, before changing them we got a syntax error due to the field internal name, after changing it to underscores it just comes back as undefined.

Here is the function:
      function appendHistory(){
      var history = $(“#dffs_Worklog_x0020_History”).find(“td.ms-formbody div.dffs_tdWrap div”).has(“a”).html();
      $(“#dffs_Worklog_x0020_History”).find(“td.dffs-readonly-inner div.dffs_tdWrap”).append(“”+history+””);
      }

and here is the field internal name the way it appears: Worklog%5Fx0020%5FHistory

again with the original field internal name we get a syntax error, and with the modified name we get “undefined”

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      Sorry for the late reply. You can see the fieldinternalname in the “List fields” tab in DFFS backend. Ensure you have the correct field name.

Alexander

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I’m bumping this old question with an updated solution for later versions of DFFS.

Add this to your Custom JS:

function appendHistory() {
          var fin = "YOUR_FIELD_NAME";
          jQuery("#dffs_" + fin).find(".append_history_placeholder").remove();
          var history = $("#dffs_" + fin).find("span[dir='none']").next().html();
          jQuery("#dffs_" + fin).find(".dffs-readonly-inner").append("<div class='append_history_placeholder'>"+history+"</div>");
      }

Replace YOUR_FIELD_NAME with the internal name of your multiline append field.

Then, in the rule you use to set the field readonly, call the function appendHistory in the Run these functions / evaluate these rules field.

Alexander

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.