Multichoice lookup columns and properties

Forums Cascading dropdowns Multichoice lookup columns and properties

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Travis Goodman
      Participant

Hi

I have a request and some questions.

Request – I see we can now use pipe delimited fields in CCDs anywhere in the configuration, but can we also get this functionality for using a multichoice lookup field as the source?

Also, on the new CCD’s, as stated when using lookup or people fields, we need to identify the internal name and the property. Is /Title the only property, or are there more that I should be aware of? How would one go about identifying the property?

Thanks!

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      You should be able to use a multilookup column as source – did you test it?

The various properties can be found by looking a the list where you pull the data from. Use the “fieldinternalname” of the field to the right of the “/”.

Alexander

Travis Goodman
      Participant

Hi Alex,

Following up, and yes I am able to use a multilookup column, but I cannot use it anywhere in my configuration. I’m attaching a few screenshots to make sure I describe the issue (and my request) as best I can.

So I have a source list, we’ll call it Test1 (see image labeled Test1 for this). That has 3 columns:

TestColumn = Single Line of Text
      Lookup1 = Lookup Column (allow multiple choices)
      Lookup2 = Lookup Column (allow multiple choices)

Then, I have a list called Test2 which has 3 columns that I’m using for Cascading Dropdowns, you can see the configuration in the image labeled CCDD:

Test1 = Single Line of Text
      Test2 = Multiple lines Text
      Test3 = Single line of Text

You’ll notice in the image labeled CCDD that my column labeled Test1 is assigned to the multichoice lookup column labeled Lookup1 in the source list.

Then, in image labeled Test2, you’ll see that the Test1 column works, I can select from the multichoice column, but the subsequent dropdowns do not work. Multichoice columns in the source list can only be used as the very last configuration.

So what I’m needing (and this is possible in SPServices Cascading Dropdowns, but overall yours are better), but what I need is to be able to have the multichoice column that I’m looking to in the source list be able to work anywhere in the configuration, not just the last step.

Am I making sense? So basically, in image Test1, I want the column called Lookup1 to be able to be in the middle of my configuration and all the dropdowns still work.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Sorry for the delay – I’ll look into it. I think it should be possible to add support for multi choice columns in all places.

Alexander

Travis Goodman
      Participant

Thanks for looking into it Alex. Excited to see what you come up with. Don’t know what I’d do without this software.

Travis Goodman
      Participant

Checking back in, I just installed the latest version of DFFS and this dropdown functionality works perfectly now! You are the MAN!!!

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Thanks for the feedback.

Have a nice weekend,
      Alexander

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.