Multi Series Chart

Forums SPJS Charts for SharePoint Multi Series Chart

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Peter Sooter
      Participant

I am trying to create a chart (column) with series determined by a specific column in my list, and amounts determined by another column. So my X axis will have dates (column A), my Y axis will have amounts (Column B) and my series would be Sales People (column C). I have been unable to do this, as when I select to “Split options in separate series” for Column C and then add column B as a sum, it creates series for all of column C and includes an additional series for column B.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      If you could post a few sample lines from your datasource, I’ll see if it is possible to create this chart.

Alexander

Peter Sooter
      Participant

I’m attaching a file with sample data, the Date column would be the X axis, the Amount Sold would be the Y axis and the Sales Person would be the series.

Attachments:
      Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      Sorry, but this is not possible with the Google chart API. When using “Split options in separate series” it only count the not-empty lines – it cannot sum up values from another column.

To be able to show it like you require, you must have one separate column in the list for each sales person (and insert the Amount sold in this column) and add each one as a separate series in the chart.

You can do this by adding a calculated column for each sales person, but if you have many persons this might not be the best way to do it.

Sorry about that,
      Alexander

Peter Sooter
      Participant

Thanks for your help Alexander, I’ll find a way to work around it.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.