Multi-line Rich text boxes wiped when form is saved in IE 11

Forums Classic DFFS Multi-line Rich text boxes wiped when form is saved in IE 11

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Kobus Swart
      Participant

Hi Alex,

I have been having issues with basic DFFS enabled EDIT and NEW forms running on IE 11. When I save the form, all multi-line rich text boxes on the form gets overwritten with an empty <DIV></DIV> tag, which wipes out the information typed or which existed in the record. This happens on all lists on the main site and on a test site.

This only happens on IE11. Chrome and Safari works 100%. I suspect this is a timing issue, because if I enable developer tools (no breaks, just showing the F12 console) the issue does not occur. This is infuriating as I cannot debug the issue…..

DFFS reports @version 4.274 on the forms, backend @v4.262
      spjs.utility @v1.206
      jquery @v1.11.3
      SPServices @v2014.02

The environment was recently visually upgraded from 2010 to 2013 (The backend upgrade happened 6 months ago) which is when this issue started occurring (I think).

I disabled all rules, vlookup, resource management and cascading drop downs are not referenced, no accordions, no tooltips, no field CSS, no side by side, CSS or custom JS. No errors in the browser console.

I tried adding a delay in the DFFS misc tab “Defer loading of DFFS” field, but no help. The field is filled with a blank div tag instantly when the save button is clicked.

Sorry for the verbosity, but just can’t seem to be able to capture logs or screenshots that shows the issue.

Thanks.

Kobus Swart
      Participant

Sorry one correction. The issue started occurring after the visual upgrade, not the backend upgrade.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      I have never heard of this before so I cannot tell what is causing it. Have you verified that it is related to DFFS by deactivating the solution (removing the CEWP)?

If it is related – is the RTE a “enhanced rte” with the controls in the ribbon above the form, or the “old” type with the controls over the field itself?

DFFS does not support the old RTE editor in SP2013, so you would have to edit the list and change it to “Enhanced RTE”.

Alexander

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.