More then 1 View with vLookup Columns

Forums vLooup for SharePoint More then 1 View with vLookup Columns

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Claudia Costa
      Participant

Hi,

I’m trying to use the Related Lists Webparts with vLookups columns in both views but only the first view appears the vLookup.
      It this possible?
      In the printscreen I have a list of projects with vlookups for Tasks and in the Tasks I have vlookups for the actions, but the informatioin only appears in the first list. the vlookups are working fine if I’m in the List View only.

thanks

Claud

Attachments:
      Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Are you sure the vLookup CEWP is placed below the last list view web part?

Alexander

Claudia Costa
      Participant

Hi Alexander,

yes, just confirmed it. The lists webparts are the ones that sharepoint has available thru related list option after placing the first list.

Claudia

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      I did a test in a web part page here, and it shows the vLookups in both list views. Are you 100% sure the “Actions” column in the “Tasks” list is the correct column, and that the filtered tasks has connected actions? – if there are no connected actions and you haven’t set up a “No items found” or a “New item” label in vLookup setup the column will be empty.

Alexander

Claudia Costa
      Participant

Hi Alexander,

Sorry for the delay in response.
      Yes, I have the correct columns, I’m using Sharepoint 2010 foundation only. I created a new page and inserted both lists again and still not showing, in attach please find the new page and the tasks list with the column that has the list from vlookup.

Thanks for the help
      Claudia

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      Look at the web part properties and remove any “ajax” options to ensure the page is reloading when you filter the child list.

Do you see any change in the URL when you filter? – like “&SelectedID=2” representing the item selected?

Unfortunately I have only tested this in Office 365 so I cannot verify how it works in SP 2010.

If this does not work, you might add this to the vLookup_ListView.html file:

setInterval(function(){
      	spjs.vLookup.init();
      },1000);

This is not optimal for a large list view as it calls the function every second.

You can test the method described here related to “paging”: https://spjsblog.com/forums/topic/vlookup-count-on-list-view-issue-with-groups/#post-10135

Alexander

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.