Matching List Disappears quickly

Forums Autocomplete Matching List Disappears quickly

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      jstadick
      Participant

I’ve got an issue that affects some but not all users. The problem doesn’t seem to be consistent or confined to a specific browser either (have seen it with IE 11, Chrome and Edge).

What’s happening is that a user types in the text field to get the matching items, the matching items are displayed, but only briefly. Before they can select an item, the list is gone. I’ve made sure the sure wasn’t clicking somewhere else on the page as well.

Anyone seem this or any ideas?

Thanks,
      John

jstadick
      Participant

FYI, I have version 1.4.2 of autocomplete.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      I have not seen this myself. If this is reproducible – could you try bringing up the developer console (hit F12 > Console) to see if you have any errors there?

Can you give me some more information about the setup in this form?

Alexander

jstadick
      Participant

Alexander, no errors on the page. The page is an add new form for a calendar object, pretty straight forward form.

I do have row level security on the underlying Sharepoint Calendar list. It also seems that if the user has full access to the lookup object, the list works as expected. If the user has partial access, only access to specific rows, the list will show and then immediately disappear. The list does seem to show the right records (ones the user has access too), but it just disappears almost immediately and you get the little red box beside the field like you had entered an invalid entry.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      Sorry for the delay. I have not been able to recreate this issue. If you have the F12 > Console page already open when you try to use the autocomplete – do you see any red messages in the console when the menu disappears?

Alexander

jstadick
      Participant

No errors or warnings in the console

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I have to look into it again as I cannot figure out what could cause this. I’ll try to get this done during the weekend, but if you have any more information please update this post.

Best regards,
      Alexander

jstadick
      Participant

Alexander, the only thing I can see that seems relevant is the row level security. If I login as a user with full permissions, the list displays correctly. If I have limited permissions, it shows the records I have access to in the list briefly, but then the list disappears. If you want to see it, I can send you a login and you can see the behavior.

Thanks,
      John

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Could you try using autocomplete version from this BETA release

I have not addressed this issue directly, but if you load your form with acDebug=1 appended to the URL like this “/Lists/DFFS_TestList/NewForm.aspx?acDebug=1” you should get the result of the query written to the console (you must have the developer console open – press F12 > Console).

Not sure if this will actually do any difference, but if you could test it we can take it from there.

Best regards,
      Alexander

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.