jquery load error

Forums Classic DFFS jquery load error

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Gerard Graham
      Participant

Hi there

I’m testing the latest release of DFFS on a staging server and I’m experiencing intermittent jquery.js load errors

I can load a new form, get into DFFS configuration and when exiting I get the attached error message.

Any suggestions as to what to look for or does this sound like a server issue.

Thanks

Gerry

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

It’s hard to tell, but it might be an issue where jQuery is loaded multiple times – maybe in the master page?

You can try adding jQuery as a normal script tag in the top of the “DFFS_loader.html” file like this (fix the src to point to your file):

<script type="text/javascript" src="/SPJS/DFFS/plugins/jquery.js"></script>

Alexander

Gerard Graham
      Participant

Hi there

I added the line to the top of the “DFFS_loader.html” and it works as expected with everything loading correctly (item forms, configuration forms etc).

I had tried to do the upgrade on the live environment but had the same experience so I’m not convinced it is my staging server.

My site collection is server.strath.ac.uk/celcis so the root path on the live server is http://moss.strath.ac.uk/celcis/SPJS

Would the DFFS_load.html file when set to root look find that location?

Thanks

Gerry

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

The root site can be identified by running this in the console (F12 > Console) in the site where you have the DFFS enabled for:

_spPageContextInfo.siteServerRelativeUrl

It’s not uncommon to load jQuery in the masterpage or by another third party code, and in this scenario DFFS might detect that jQuery is not present (because it hasn’t loaded yet) and start loading it. Then the master page jQuery version starts loading and effectively “kills” the version DFFS are loading – causing this kind of error.

If putting in the link to jQuery in the staging environment works, you might want to do this for the live environment also.

Alexander

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.