Is there any documentation for SPJS-Utility functions

Forums SPJS-Utility Is there any documentation for SPJS-Utility functions

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Jeff Law
      Participant

Hi,
      I was just wondering if there was any documentation on SPJS-Utility functions. I haven’t been able to find anything (I may need extra tuition on how to use search :-))

I have a requirement to add information from some other lists, which all share a common “ID” field, onto a new tab in the “master” list. There are currently 5 of these lists that I need to query, and display information from. Once displayed, then this info can be printed.

I have found reference to the spjs.utility.queryItems function which sounds like it will do all the heavy lifting for me, but I am not sure of the best way to drive it, so was looking for some reference, or an example.

Regards
      Jeff

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      No, I have never gotten around to document these functions, but the queryitems function can basically be used like this:

var res = spjs_QueryItems(
      	{
      		"listName":"DFFS_TestList",
      		"listBaseUrl":"/DFFS",
      		"query":"<Where><Eq><FieldRef Name='Title' /><Value Type='Text'>Test</Value></Eq></Where>",
      		"viewFields":["ID","Title","Author","Created"]
      	}
      );
      $.each(res.items,function(i,item){
      	console.log(item.Title+" was created on "+new Date(item.Created).toLocaleDateString()+" by "+item.Author.split(";#")[1]);
      });

Change the parameters “listName”, “listBaseUrl”, “query” and “viewFields” to match your setup.

When this is said, It sounds like you might be better off using vLookup? – have you looked at this options?

Alexander

Jeff Law
      Participant

Thanks Alexander. I’ll give this a go.

I have used vLookup in another place, but what I was looking for was something that I could easily use some custom css/html to format the fields in a specific way. The ideal output that gets printed would look something like a fully “branded” certificate.

I haven’t looked to hard at what I can do with regard to the output of vLookup, so it is an option. At least if I can get the info using the QueryItems, then I can use that as a starting point/fallback position.

I’ll let you know how I go, and once again thanks for you response.

Regards
      Jeff

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.