Hide blank readonly fields?

Forums Classic DFFS Hide blank readonly fields?

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Keith Hudson
      Participant

I would like to hide any readonly fields that have no value in them. I’ve tried several approaches, none of which have worked yet.

Is there code I can use to do so?

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      You can use something like this to hide the empty fields in your current tab:

jQuery.each(spjs.dffs.data.tabConfigObj[spjs.dffs.data.selectedTab].fields,function(i,id){
      	if(id.indexOf("dffsHeading_") < 0 && id.indexOf("dffsHTML_") < 0 && id.indexOf("dffsRow_") < 0){
      		var tr = jQuery("#dffs_" + id);
      		if(tr.hasClass("dffs-readonly") && getFieldValue(id).length === 0){
      			tr.hide();
              }
          }
      });

Alexander

becca
      Participant

Is there anything in this code that needs changed based on our specific lists? With the code as written I get an error “Cannot read property ‘0’ of undefined”

**I am not checking for read-only, only blank

• This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by becca.
      Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I’m not sure what it could be – can you share the modified code you are using?

Alexander

becca
      Participant

I apparently never hit Submit when I typed this out before, my apologies.

I ended up just copying your code character for character but it still didn’t work. I’m switched off this project for now so this can be ignored for a bit. My team has made me the de facto SharePoint expert working on multiple projects so my focus is being switched/refocused often, thus all the very different asks that don’t always have the best follow-up; sorry spastic-ness and thanks for all the help so far.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.