Hidden checked on Misc Tab unable to make visible by rule

Forums Classic DFFS Hidden checked on Misc Tab unable to make visible by rule

• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Lana.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Lana
      Participant

Hi Alexander,
      I am using DFFS v4.256 but noticed this in earlier versions also. If I check a field to be hidden on the Misc tab. I cannot get it to be visible using a rule.
      For example:
      I have a choice field for Applicable, Not Applicable. The standard on open is for this field to be blank and the user to make the selection. The next field I have is a multi line text field for an Explanation if they choose Not Applicable. I checked the box for the Not Applicable Explanation to be hidden on open on the Misc tab and created a rule that when the Applicable choice field = Not Applicable that the Not Applicable Explanation field should be visible. This is not happening. Any Idea what I am doing wrong? I did a workaround for it but had to use 2 rules instead of the one….
      Thanks!
      Lana

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      I have updates the description for the “Initially hidden fields” in the Misc tab earlier today (v4.256) as I simply forgot to change the description when I changed the functionality in v4.200.

If you look at the change log for v4.200 you see that this is effectively hiding the fields “permanently”, and to unhide it, you will have to use a custom function to remove the class “spjshidden”.

In most cases, you can change the trigger for example to [Applicable choice field] is NOT equal to [Applicable] > show the field. This will hide the field if you select “Applicable”.

Hope this helps,
      Alexander

Lana
      Participant

Thanks Alexander! Missed that in my search on it.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.