Forums Classic DFFS Header rows duplicating when click on tabs

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Ben H
      Participant

If I have a DFFS form with a simple tab that contains
      1) a field,
      2) a header row (left as default)
      3) another header row with HTML to replicate the field row formatting (I use it to put button in line with the other inputs):

<tr id="bottomrowtest"  style="display: table-row;">
      <td nowrap="true" valign="top" width="190px" class="ms-formlabel"></td>
      <td valign="top" class="ms-formbody"><div class="dffs_tdWrap">  </div></td></tr>

I get a strange behavior where every time I click the tab the header row (2) duplicates on all tabs multiple times.

The problem only occurs when the header row is above the other HTML row. Is this a bug or something to do with my HTML? Thanks.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      Yes, it’s your HTML. You cannot add a <tr> like this as it is not appended to the table directly, but added in a <td> within another <tr>.

This means you end up with invalid HTML and the browser will try to fix it – resulting in this strange behavior.

I’m not sure what you want to achieve here, but if you add an “empty” heading, this is what the HTML looks like:

<tr id="heading_66" style="display: table-row; cursor: default;" fieldtype="dffs_heading"><td class="tabH1" colspan="2"><div></div></td></tr>

where “66” is the heading ID I added in the “Unique ID” field for the heading.

Alexander

Ben H
      Participant

Thanks. I want a row that has the same label and data cells as the rest of the table – as used for the buttons on this form.

NewForm

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.