getItemsREST Error: Internal Field Name

Forums SPJS Charts for SharePoint getItemsREST Error: Internal Field Name

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      MikeS
      Participant

SPJS Charts Timeline (and other charts) throws an error related to the Field Internal Name assigned by SharePoint 2013 for a date field. SP assigns a Field Internal Name for Date Fields differently depending on the field name. See Figure 1. When date fields begin with a number the Field Internal Name generated by SP does NOT match the entered Display Name. These Field Names then throw an error in SPJS Charts. See Figure 2.

However DFFS has no problem working with these internally generated fields (see Figure 3). Why is SPJS throwing these errors? I cannot redo the entire list with date fields that contain only alpha characters. Would using a straight JavaScript solution in SPJS Charts provide a way forward? What would that look like?

Very happy with DFFS and want to use SPJS Charts if this issue can be resolved.

SPJS Charts v. 7.0.0.5

Thanks for you help,
      Mike

• This topic was modified 5 years, 7 months ago by MikeS.
      Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      This is a problem with field names starting with “_”. Is this error occurring when using the fields in a filter?

If it’s in a filter, prefix the field name with “OData_”, but if it’s in the Datatable fields, I need to fix it in code.

Alexander

MikeS
      Participant

The fields that throw the errors are used in the Datatable fields (see Fig. 4). A code fix would be very appreciated. I’ll be happy to test it for you.

Mike

MikeS
      Participant

v7.0.0.8 of SPJS Charts released Sept. 20 fixed the error from date fields beginning with an underscore. Nice job Alexander. Thank you.

Mike

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Thanks for the feedback – I’m glad it worked out.

Alexander

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.