March 22, 2017 at 20:34 #16181
I’m starting this topic as a place to put general enhancement suggestions (not feature requests). If you find it valuable, perhaps it could become a “sticky” topic that always shows near the top of the Forum topics for DFFS so it is easy for users to find.
I currently have 3 non-feature suggestions:
1. Change the naming of new versions of DFFS to the format YYYY-MM-DD so that when we download the zip files, they will automatically sort in chronological order. (Right now, I sometimes remember to create a new folder for each new download and use that date format as the folder name, but making it a standard would simplify the process of knowing which release is the latest.
2. Instead of using html files for CEWP links, use text files. For example, instead of Installer_CEWP_code.html make it Installer_CEWP_code.txt. The advantage of using a txt file instead of an html file is that a user can see and modify the contents of a txt file much easier that an html file. For instance, in the current environment I work in, html files will not open in the browser, but instead I must download the html file and open it from my hard drive.
I recognize that for backward compatibility when upgrading from one version to another of DFFS you might have to maintain both an html version of the file and a txt version of the file, so it might not be worth the extra work to do so.
3. Create a ‘sticky’ topic in this forum for bug reports and/or beta testing reports.
- This topic was modified 6 months, 4 weeks ago by Alexander Bautz.
March 27, 2017 at 21:05 #16217
Sorry for the late reply – I’ve been busy trying to sort out a few issues with the latest BETA.
This is good ideas and I’ll stick it to the top – and will look at changing the “naming” of the future DFFS versions.
March 27, 2017 at 21:40 #16230
Thanks for making this a sticky post!
If possible, I’d like the ability to restore a previous version of the DFFS configuration from the DFFS new/edit/display config page. I know we can use versioning in the SPJS-DynamicFormsForSharePoint list to restore a previous version, but I’ve had a few occasions where I’ve been in the config page and wished I could revert from there after testing a change.
May 23, 2017 at 20:34 #16659
How to know which version of DFFS is installed, and how to update easily to another version
1. Provide an easy way to know which version of DFFS is installed in the DFFS folder within the SPJS Library. I do this for myself right now but simply adding a text file with a name that reflects the version. For instance, my most recent installations have a text file in the DFFS folder named “DFFS version 2017-02-25.txt”. This lets me know at a glance which version of DFFS I am using. When I download a new version of the DFFS files and unzip the zip file, I rename the DFFS folder to include the version date. This way, I can have several versions of DFFS installed in a single site and switch between them almost instantly simply by changing the folder names. Whichever folder is named “DFFS” (without any date component) is the active version.
Request to Alex: please include a text file (like I have explained above) in future versions of DFFS to give users an easy way to know which version of DFFS is installed.
May 24, 2017 at 19:50 #16669
Thanks for the input – I’ll add this file. Also, from the next version you can add a folder named “DFFS_NEXT” and use a URL key like this to test-load the new version from this folder without the need to rename the existing folder – the test load will only apply to the user who set the URL key:
As this feature requires some changes to the code it will unfortunately only work when updating past the upcoming revision. This new revision has been delayed many times, but will hopefully be ready for BETA this weekend.
May 23, 2017 at 20:40 #16661
Desired enhancement: Easy copying of New form config to Edit form, or vice versa.
When I am building a complex form, I usually work on just one version of the form (for instance, the EditForm), and when I reach a point where the form is fairly useable, I will clone the EditForm to create the NewForm.
It would be great if we could have a button like “Copy Edit Form Config to New Form” to save a few steps when trying to keep the New and Edit forms synchronized.
Importance of this enhancement: very low
May 24, 2017 at 19:56 #16671
In the upcoming version I have added a new functionality to create restore points and to browse existing restore points. This feature is intended used to do exactly what you require. See attached image.
June 29, 2017 at 14:01 #17062
It would be great to have the option to specify the scope of search within the lookup list/library for vLookup functionality.
Currently the query created has RecursiveAll scope. Since there is an option ‘Add new items to this folder (Document libraries only)’, it would be really good to have an option to either search for items in all folders or specify particular folder.
This would help resolve issues with libraries having over 5000 items on SharePoint Online.
Let me know if you need any help with that. I am a SharePoint developer myself and be glad to contribute.
- This reply was modified 3 months, 3 weeks ago by Konrad Kołodziejak.
July 3, 2017 at 23:19 #17164
Thanks for the feedback. I’ll see what I can do about adding an option to specify the folder to search in for vLookup.
The current code base for vLookup is not fully optimized for SP 2013+, and I have plans to completely rewrite vLookup and make it an integrated part of DFFS. I’ll keep this in mind for the next version.
PS: I appreciate any feedback you have, so please post your suggestions here, or email them to me.
June 29, 2017 at 14:31 #17066
It would be great, if the minified version of scripts from plugins folder were loaded.
It would speed up the load time of assets and therefore shorten the time of overlay being displayed.
There could be a setting (debug mode) that would make the unminified plugins load instead of minified ones.
July 3, 2017 at 23:20 #17166
I have minified vLookup as this is the biggest files, but I’ll try to get all files minified for the next version.
July 20, 2017 at 11:02 #17351
I know responsiveness is something you already looked into and thought about. What are your thoughts on CSS Grids? I only recently started using them, but I really like them and from my imagination they could be an option for DFFS too.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.