Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author
      Paul Lynch
      Participant

Hi I just upgraded my DFFS.

DFFS Backend v4.4.3.31
      CSS version: 4.41 / 4.41
      spjs-utility version: 1.314

When my form loaded it automatically landed on my first tab (Index 0). And used to show about 12 fields.

Now it only shows what was the Title field and nothing else. If I click the actual “first tab” itself all the other fields appear. Alternatively if I click another tab, then click back on first tab again all fields appear.

There are no rules (relating to this tab).

I’ve been trying to add rules on form initiation to automatically select index tab 0 and all sorts but cannot get it to work as it did before.

Previous version was:

DFFS Backend v4.4.1
      CSS version: 4.16 / 4.16
      spjs-utility version: 1.267

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I’m sorry about that.
      I have had some issues with selecting correct tab when some tabs were hidden. If you are hiding some tabs on load, and the selected tab therefore shifts to the right to find the first non-hidden tab, I think the upcoming version should fix it.

I’m currently wrapping it up and will try to get it out for testing later tonight or maybe tomorrow.

PS: You should be able to use the “Select this tab” option in the DFFS rule that hides the tabs to set the correct tab.

Alexander

Paul Lynch
      Participant

Unfortunately ‘Select this tab’ does not make a difference.

I think because it does select the first tab correctly.

I just cannot work out why some fields will show and others will not. Tried many things like adding and removing the fields, creating a new field etc..

Once you actually click on the first tab (even though it is already appears selected on load) – the rest of the misisng fields suddenly appear!

hopefully the next release fixes this thanks!

Paul Lynch
      Participant

Not sure if it might be related the the Expand and Collapse functionality.

1)No heading at all on tab 1 – get main issue above.

2) If I add a heading – and choose “initially collapsed” – show just the option to expand and nothing else. But expanding and collapsing then shows all the fields!

2a)..Interestingly if I keep 2) but choose “First form section in each tab expanded” in the Expand and Collapse section – get main issue above again (rather than just see it expanded!)

3) If I add a heading – and choose “initially expanded’ with no settings in Expand and Collapse section – get main issue above.

Strange how it always seems to show the Title and the multiple lines of text fields. Apart from 2a.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 3 months ago by Paul Lynch.
      Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

The fields not showing in the tab, could you give me the FIELDINTERNALNAME of one of them? – it might be related to a bug I found.

Alexander

Paul Lynch
      Participant

I noticed it is the same on many tabs.

However I think many of these fields do start with a number like 1.0 xxx 1.2 xxx etc..

Here are some examples (with encoded internal field names)

1.10 # Screened-failed:
      _x0031__x002e_10_x0020__x0023__x
      SPFieldText

1.12 # Early Terminated:
      _x0031__x002e_12_x0020__x0023__x
      SPFieldText

1.15 Start date of the OSQMV:
      _x0031__x002e_17_x0020_End_x0020
      SPFieldDateTime

1.16 End date of the OSQMV:
      _x0031__x002e_16_x0020_Start_x00
      SPFieldDateTime

I use the new cookie function to store which tab it is saved on so if you go back into a form, whichever tab is on does not have these fields.

Paul Lynch
      Participant

In fact yes you’re right – any field that does not have a number to start with (or part of internalfieldname) is shown!

This explains why the “Title” shows – but the field name (non internal) is 1.0 xxxx

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

OK, this is due to a bug in vLookup that has kicked in when I changed the order of execution of code in the later versions. The problem is that vLookup has leftover setting that hides all fields starting with “_”.

This will be fixed in the upcoming version, but I’m still sorting out the last few kinks before I can release it – hopefully during tomorrow.

You can fix it in your current version of SPJS_vLookup_frontend.js by unpacking it with this tool, and remove these lines in the function “init_vLookupFields”:

if(fin.indexOf("_") === 0){
          jQspjs(tr).hide();
      }

Alexander

Paul Lynch
      Participant

I appreciate the fix Alex – sorry but please can you tell me which line that code is on?

There are 6057 lines of code

If I copy to notepad ++ cant seem to search and find these exact lines or combination of terms if I split it out.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

It is the file “SPJS-vLookup_frontend.js” you must unpack, and in this file it should be around line 417.

Alexander

Paul Lynch
      Participant

Sorry not done this before, I take a local copy of the DFFS/js/SPJS-vLookup_frontend.js file from my production DFFS.

I drag and drop it into the window of Dans JS tool. (which unpacks it?)

I use the tool to format the JS so it’s beautiful!

Then I scroll down to line 417 and cannot see anything above or below the next 100 line (or more) unless I am blind!

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Which version of the file are you trying to unpack? – you find it in the top of the file.

Alexander

Paul Lynch
      Participant

Dynamic Forms for SharePoint [frontend] v4.4.3.31

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I’m referring to the file found here “/SPJS/DFFS/plugins/SPJS-vLookup_frontend.js” and not the “DFFS_frontend_min.js” file.

Alexander

Paul Lynch
      Participant

Doh – wrong file sorry – just thought I would wrap this up – now working beautifully again and so is the new BETA version, thanks Alex!

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.