Field not showing in DFFS setup

Forums Classic DFFS Field not showing in DFFS setup

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Cameron
      Participant

I’ve just setup DFFS in our test site after upgrading our Sharepoint environment. I’m trying to configure my rules but the list of fields doesn’t include the field I’d like to use. It sounds very simiar to this issue reported a year ago: https://spjsblog.com/forums/topic/field-defined-in-list-settings-not-appearing-in-dffs/. I’ve also setup spjs_editFieldProperties.js and the field isn’t listed there either.

Has there been anything new with this unusual issue or do I need to go down the path of duplicated and removing the faulty field too?

I’ve included some screenshots in case there are clues in there that I’m not seeing.

Cameron

Attachments:
      Cameron
      Participant

I should add, the field missing is named Category. Attached is it’s settings.

Attachments:
      Cameron
      Participant

I’ve just encountered this again on another list. The common element seems to be the the FieldInternalName is Category again, see the page source:

<tr>
      		<td nowrap="true" valign="top" width="113px" class="ms-formlabel"><span class="ms-h3 ms-standardheader">
      		<nobr>Series<span class="ms-accentText" title="This is a required field." > *</span></nobr>
      	</span></td>
      		<td valign="top" width="350px" class="ms-formbody">
      		<!-- FieldName="Series"
      			 FieldInternalName="Category"
      			 FieldType="SPFieldChoice"
      		  -->
      			<span id='WPQ26424c6e2-0955-4215-85c8-e270d16a2f13Category' data-sp-control='SPFieldChoice' data-sp-options='{&quot;mode&quot;:3,&quot;source&quot;:&quot;Category&quot;}'></span>

</td>
      	</tr>

I’ve also setup a watch on spjs_utility and I can see Category listed under fields. So it appears to be finding the field but not displaying it.

Is there anything else I can check to get to the bottom of this? I’m concerned that if I go live on the site I’m going to need to recreate fields on all of my lists – I’ve had this on 2 out of 2 lists I’ve tested so far.

Cameron

Attachments:
      Cameron
      Participant

I’m still making small steps in debugging this myself but I think it’s now getting beyond my javascripting abilities.

I’ve found that spjs_editFieldProperties.js isn’t listing the field because it fails the !oField.get_fromBaseType() test. I’ve updated that if statement to

if(!oField.get_fromBaseType() || oField.get_staticName() === "Title" || oField.get_staticName() === "Category")

It is now listed by spjs_editFieldProperties.js. What I can’t find is why DFFS will not show this field.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      I’m sorry for the late reply, but fortunately you have already sorted the problem yourself. I’ll update the script to make this field show, but to be able to test it I need to know which list type you are using?

Best regards,
      Alexander

Cameron
      Participant

Fantastic thanks Alexander! The Content Types are a bit of a mess on these lists (and come to think of it, that may be a factor). These lists are both using a custom content type that have the parent type “Issue”.

The other thing I’ve found is that it appears to only be a GUI issue. If I setup the rules and tabs using another field and manually edit the blob with the correct FIN the functionality works fine – until I edit the DFFS settings and forget to manually edit the blob again :-).

Cameron

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I have confirmed that this field doesn’t show in the field selector in an issue tracking list. I have fixed it, and will be posting a new version over the weekend (have a few more changes that need some testing).

Alexander

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.