Field defined in List settings not appearing in DFFS

Forums Dynamic Forms for SharePoint Field defined in List settings not appearing in DFFS

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Alexander Bautz 2 years, 10 months ago.

• Author

Jeff Law
    Participant

Hi,

I have a list which is based on the Contact list, and this has a few extra fields added into it. However, one of the original fields in the list, Email Address, is not appearing in either the FieldInternalName list on the Misc tab, or the dropdown list when adding fields onto a tabbed view.

I have another List based on the Contact list and the Email Address field is displaying.

Is there anything I can look at to see if I can determine why this field does not appear in DFFS?

Regards
    Jeff

Alexander Bautz
    Keymaster

Hi,
    This sounds strange. I have no immediate explanation, but you should try this tool and inspect the field properties to see if you can spot any differences between the one showing and the one not showing.

Alexander

Jeff Law
    Participant

Hi,

I tried the tool, but the missing field E-Mail, is still missing. ie not showing up in the list.

While I would be interested to know what the problem is, I am working through adding another field, Email 2, and copying all the data into that. This will become the new, real, email field. It could be because of some action that happened when the list was originally created. There has been a lot of modification to it since it was created 🙂

At least this is visible and works as expected.

Thanks for your response.
    Jeff

Alexander Bautz
    Keymaster

I’m glad you found a workaround.

Alexander

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.