Error: The property or field has not been initialized.

Forums vLooup for SharePoint Error: The property or field has not been initialized.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Alexander Bautz 6 months, 4 weeks ago.

• Author

Jeffery McElroy
    Participant

I am trying to pull in a Person or Group field value from parent to new child list item. This is working when I create a new child item from parent in EditForm, but am receiving this error when creating a new child from parent in DispForm. I confirmed that the field internal names are both accurate.

Error: The property or field has not been initialized. It has not been requested or the request has not been executed. It may need to be explicitly requested.

Alexander Bautz
    Keymaster

Hi,
    Are you pulling in multiple lookup and people picker fields? – could you post an image of the vLookup config for the “Prefill values in child” section?

Alexander

Alex Halliday
    Participant

Getting the same error. Pulling info from two separate lookup fields on a list to the same fields in a document library. The same vlookup config works fine on one form but not on another.

Alexander Bautz
    Keymaster

Which version of vLookup are you running, and are the two forms DispForm and EditForm of the same item?

Alexander

Alex Halliday
    Participant

v2.2.75 backend and v2.2.76 frontend. Problem is between 2 edit forms for two different lists, one works fine one doesn’t. Using the same vLookup config to pass the same fields (project name and client name, both lookup columns) to two different lists (task list and issue list)

Alexander Bautz
    Keymaster

My guess would be that one of the lists doesn’t have the lookup field in the default content type. Look at the list settings for that list, and ensure it has the field selected for the content type.

Alexander

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.