Error in DFFS, when open form on mobile devices

Forums Classic DFFS Error in DFFS, when open form on mobile devices

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author

When I open EditItem form, which have readonly PeoplePicker fields, i see error:

[_x041a__x043e__x043c__x0443__x00]: The people picker is not ready! You must delay the function call likt this: ExecuteOrDelayUntilScriptLoaded(function(){/*Your code here*/},’sp.ribbon.js’);

on each people picker readonly field. Such problem appeared only on mobile devices, on desktop devices everything is fine.Is it possible to fix this?

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      What is the trigger you use to set the fields as read only?

Alexander

Hi,
      I used “Selected tab index”, when i switch trigger to “The form is ready”, this problem dissapear, but appear a new one =)
      Tested on Iphone, ipad. After every refreshing of page i can see three variants of form with my set of fields:

1. Field whith people picker is empty
      2. Field whith people picker filled with correct value, readonly
      3. All fields are available for changing their values

The second one is corect….

As i say, the problem observed only on mobile devices (((

ErikT
      Participant

I had the same error message, and thought at first there was a DFFS issue.
      After some debugging and searching I thought that Sharepoint probably was to blame.

The July 2014 CU for Sharepoint 2013 introduced a bug with people picker (comma in user name).
      See info for description, workarounds and fix info.

BUT:
      For regular list the people picker now works correctly, lists with DFFS enabled still has the same error (Loading …, message This took forever, read-only field is editable and sometimes blanked out

So at the moment I have the following issue
      DFFS – Error with IE 9 , IE 11 works fine (regular desktop, running Win7).
      Level of access isn’t a factor anymore, was before (September CU fixed this)

Plattform : Sharepoint 2013 on-premise
      Trigger : field is equal to (value, choice field)

Some debug info from IE:
      File: spjs-utility.js, Line: 652, Column: 7
      SCRIPT5007: Unable to get property ‘GetControlValueAsJSObject’ of undefined or null reference

Line 652:
      $.each(SPClientPeoplePicker.SPClientPeoplePickerDict[thisField.find(“div.sp-peoplepicker-topLevel”).attr(“id”)].GetControlValueAsJSObject(),function(i,o){

ErikT
      Participant

Addintional note:
      In Chrome(newest version) I get the
      [InternalFieldNameWhichIUse]: The people picker is not ready! You must delay the function call likt this: ExecuteOrDelayUntilScriptLoaded(function(){/*Your code here*/},’sp.ribbon.js’);

Possible a cross browser issue ?

BTW : The People/group field has choice “People Only”

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Can you check v4.200 BETA and report back? If it initially does not behave better, look at the Misc tab and try setting e.g. 500 in the field “Defer loading of DFFS”.

Change log: https://spjsblog.com/dffs/dffs-change-log/

Any better?

Alexander

All day on production – everything is ok, except problem with save button!
        Defer loading of DFFS – works great! Problem with people picker on mobile devices completely resolved! The speed of loading form visually unchanged!

Hi!
      It’s impossible to use Save Button in new/edit form. Nothing happen…
      v4.200 BETA SP 2013

Error in PreSaveItem function. Downgrading to the oldest version on PreSaveItem function solved the problem with save button

ErikT
      Participant

Setting the field “Defer loading of DFFS” to 500 solved my issue with the Person field.

Thank you for the quick support !

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

The save item bug was fixed in BETA 1 – now BETA 2 is the most recent: https://spjsblog.com/dffs/dffs-change-log/

Alexander

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.