Edit form on one list causing error on load

Forums Classic DFFS Edit form on one list causing error on load

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Gerard Graham
      Participant

Hi there

My Projects list is not longer displaying the DFFS enhanced Edit form for people who do not have Full Control rights on the list. I looked at the console and there is an error in the script. I’ve attached a screenshot of the message and the dump of the script. The error does not occur on any other list so all the Edit Forms work as expected. Permissions are consistent across the collection, nothing special or particular about this one. Any clues?

• This topic was modified 7 years, 11 months ago by Alexander Bautz. Reason: Moved to DFFS
      Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      This is an error originating from “getFieldValue” on a people picker field. Are you using any custom code which may be calling this function?

Which version of SharePoint are you using?

Alexander

Gerard Graham
      Participant

No custom code and on 2010. We are migrating to 2013 this year so plans are well underway. I looked at all the People Picker fields in the list and some where selecting from all users and others from specific groups. I’ve made them all All Users and lo and behold – it works. Something to do with old users perhaps or some change our IT are making in advance of the migration?

Thanks

Gerry

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      It could be that some users didn’t have access to view members in the group the PP was targeting.

I’ll add a try-catch in the script to ensure it won’t error out in these cases. This revision of SPSJ-Utility.js will be posted with the next revision of DFFS over the weekend.

Alexander

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.