E-Mail and Print

Forums Classic DFFS E-Mail and Print

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

Hi Alexander,

in the E-Mail and Print Tab is it possible to set the “From” Mail to either a specific mail account or the mail account of the currently logged in user?

thanks.
      Christoph

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Sorry, the “From” address will be the one specified for the server (in the outgoing email settings in central administration) if you are on premises, and “no-reply@sharepointonline.com” if you are on Office 365.

Alexander

Hi Alexander,

many thanks for this reply. for the same topic i am looking into the possibility to send emails to adistribution group specified?

is this possible?

thanks

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

It depends on how your exchange server is configured – if the sender of the email (the account in the from field when you receive the email) doesn’t have necessary rights on this distribution list you won’t be able to send to it.

Alexander

Hi Alexander,

unfortunately this cannot be fully correct as we tried to send a mail from a fully external contact to the distribution group and this worked out well but with the form it does not.

It seems also weird to us that the receiver of the mail (To Field) needs to have permission on the site where the form resides.

is there anything else we can do?

thanks.
      Christoph

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

The behavior depends on how you send the email – if you use a list with the workflow (check the “Use custom list with workflow to send E-Mails” in the “E-Mail and Print” tab), you should be able to send to any email address, but if you use the REST email your TO-Address MUST be a member of this site. This is not something I enforce in DFFS, but is how the REST email api works in SP.

Alexander

Hi Alexander,

we are still “playing” around with this issue. We have now a mail enabled security group created with external contacts and in general the sending of mails work. THe only question is if we can send the mail as unformatted text and not in html format?

is this possible?

thanks.
      Christoph

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Are you using workflow or REST email? – I think you can change the email format in a workflow by selecting the dropdown on the send mail action and selecting “properties” and change the body to not include HTML tags, but I don’t have any options in the REST email function to specify plain or rich text.

Can you tell a bit more why you need to change this?

Alexander

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.