Duplicating Tabs and Rules in DFFS 4.2 Config

Forums Classic DFFS Duplicating Tabs and Rules in DFFS 4.2 Config

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Cesar
      Participant

Alex,

We are starting to show duplication of tabs and rules each time we enter the configuration from whatever form we wish to edit. Each time it duplicates rules and tabs. We delete them and then it happens again. Do you know what is going on or what we can do to get this to stop?

Cesar

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      I’m not aware of this issue. I have a few questions:

1. Is this the new BETA, or is it v4.200?
      2. Can you give me some details on browser, SharePoint version etc?
      3. Does it happen for all forms, or only some?
      4. Any errors in the developer console (hit F12 > Console)?

Alexander

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      I have confirmed this bug. It appears when you have duplicate entries for the current form in the configuration list.

I cannot tell exactly why you end up with duplicates, but I will add a check for it in the upcoming release so it will not affect the solution if you somehow manage to get duplicates.

If someone have a clue as to why you end up with duplicates, please let me know.

For now, you must manually remove the duplicate entry in the configuration list by going to /Lists/SPJSDynamicFormsForSharePoint/AllItems.aspx and deleting the oldest configuration for the affected form (look at the “Modified” date).

Alexander

Cesar
        Participant

Alex,

There were multiple instances of the forms just like you said in the SPJSDynamicFormsForSharePoint Library. Once those were deleted, they went away.

This also solved a problem of the CSS not working on the form. The form would not show any css from the misc tab because of that duplicate. We found out that the problem might be when two users are editing on the same form. This seems to cause duplicate entries in the SPJSDynamicFormsForSharePoint library.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I’m glad it worked. I have not been able to recreate the creation of two identical configurations, but if two users at the same time starts configuring a form that does not have any current configuration, you can end up with duplicates.

If anyone have a “method” for creating duplicates, please let me know so I can prevent it.

Alexander

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.