Dropdown value not recognized

Forums Classic DFFS Dropdown value not recognized

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Melissa Hamilton
      Participant

We have a DFFS EditForm with a rule that states that If the answer to Question1 is “Yes” then display these other fields. Once the form is saved with the original values, along with the answer to Question1 being Yes the additional fields are displayed. When we click to open the Edit form the additional fields are displayed. If we do not change the value of Question1 and just click in the additional fields to fill them in all of the additional fields listed in this rule go back to hidden status until we change the answer of Question1 and then change it back to “Yes”.

Can anyone tell me why this happening and/or offer a work around?

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Ensure you have the rule set to “validate on = Form load and field change” in the rule trigger section.

Alexander

Melissa Hamilton
      Participant

It is. And no matter what I change the trigger to we get the same result.

Also, I noticed that it doesn’t matter where we click in the form it stops displaying the once hidden fields. It almost seems like the form is not holding the value of the drop down – could it be clearing out to null somehow?

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Could there be some interference with other rules? try turning on “debug” on the all rules that might be addressing the same fields, or the child fields.

Have you used some custom code in the form that might interfere?

Alexander

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

We resolved this via email – for other users experiencing the same problem, it was caused by conflicting rules.

Alexander

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.