DFFS v4.210 BETA

Forums Classic DFFS DFFS v4.210 BETA

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Post question regarding the 4.210 BETA version here. Need a user account?

Alexander

David S Kaimann
      Participant

Alexander,

Great work! I appreciate all of the help! I attached a Word Document showing some of my testing results. I tried to test all of the items, but wasn’t able to get to them all.

THANKS for all your hard work!

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi David,
      Thank you for testing. I have a few quesions.
      1: What kind of field is “Volume (Last 12 Months) and what trigger did you use to set it read only?

2: Did the field “English Approval – Writer” have a value that did not show up when set to read only? If so, what trigger did you use to set it read only?

3: Regarding boolean fields in DispForm – are you 100% sure you used the new version in the frontend?

Info regarding comparing dates: This change will use the full date including hours and minutes when comparing date values from two different fields – using one date col in the “If this trigger” field, and another date col in “This value” field – doing a compare using less than or greater than.

Alexander

David S Kaimann
      Participant

Sorry for just now replying! For some reason, I think the WordPress notification went to my spam folder!

1: What kind of field is “Volume (Last 12 Months) and what trigger did you use to set it read only? [thespiandave: Text Box. I used the trigger of “User is NOT in group.”]

2: Did the field “English Approval – Writer” have a value that did not show up when set to read only? If so, what trigger did you use to set it read only?[thespiandave: In all honesty, I don’t remember. However, I tried again on an item that had a value in that box and it did display that person’s name as was read only.”]

3: Regarding boolean fields in DispForm – are you 100% sure you used the new version in the frontend?[thespiandave: I re-downloaded the frontend files – and – spjs-utility files today and no change. It still says ‘Yes’ on the DispForm.”]

Info regarding comparing dates: This change will use the full date including hours and minutes when comparing date values from two different fields – using one date col in the “If this trigger” field, and another date col in “This value” field – doing a compare using less than or greater than.

Alexander

Kobus Swart
      Participant

More of an observation rather than a question:

After adding the BETA 2 updates I had issues with IE11 getting the overlay timeout message. Clicking the chevron page cleared the overlay and then rendered the DFFS form correctly. Chrome worked just fine.

After a little debugging I found that the SPJS-Casc.min.js library threw an exception (Uncaught TypeError: undefined is not a function: spjs.casc.hideEmpty). Chrome just ignored it, but IE must have gotten hung up by it. I had SPJS-Casc_min.js v3.27 deployed. After upgrading to SPJS-Casc_min.js v3.30 the issue was resolved.

Great work Alex….

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      Thank you for the feedback – I will fix this error message in the production release of DFFS v4.210.

Alexander

ErikT
      Participant

Hi

I have tested DFFS 4.210 beta 2.

The issues With using “Insert > Link > From SharePoint” in RT fields (halting further DFFS operation / Jquery plugins) has been solved in this version.

Tested and confirmed OK With both IE 11 and Chrome.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.