DFFs Rules logic not picking up all contained items in a multiple choice field

Forums Classic DFFS DFFs Rules logic not picking up all contained items in a multiple choice field

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Brandon Bayes
      Participant

I have a rule set to display certain fields when the multiple choice field contains a specific item. I have 4 choices in that field and a rule for each value. So essentially if the checkbox is checked, 2 additional fields become visible.

I am trying to add a second rule that says when the status of the item (a drop-down choice field) is changed to “Approved”, and if one of the rules above is also true (i.e. the multiple choice field contains a value and the 2 additional fields are therefore visible) that the now visible fields become required. It works fine if only 1 item is selected in my multiple choice field. As soon as the second item is selected, the rule making fields required is only effective for the lowest listed value that is selected in my multiple choice field. So if I have A, B, C, and D as options and C and D are selected, my required rule only works for D. C is not shown as required. If I select B and C, then C is required and B is not. So the Required rule is not picking up all of the selected items to evaluate. Any ideas on how to work around this?

See attached file for screenshots

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      Sorry for the delay. I see from the screenshots that you use an older version. I would recommend that you updated to the latest version to see if it behaves better. I do believe that this should work if you update.

If you have a valid license for DFFS I can update it to support the latest version. Just email me the original license (if it’s not a “company license” you must include the challenge code).

If you don’t have a license, I can give you an extended trial so you can check to see if it fixes the problem.

Alexander

Brandon Bayes
      Participant

Thanks Alexander! I was able to get the solution with some help from someone who knows SP DFFS better than I. We were able to solution this with some Custom JS in addition to the upgraded version of DFFS (4.x)

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.