DFFS Custom version – which one is in use?

Forums Classic DFFS DFFS Custom version – which one is in use?

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      AdamP
      Participant

I’ve just started to use the custom versions feature after having some compatibility issues (SP2010).
      I’m not sure if I’m missing something but it would be useful to see on the installer page which DFFS folder is in use for each list. As far as I can see it’s not displayed here. Would it be possible to flag that a custom version is in use (and which one) – ideally in the custom version field.
      See attached screenshot of a list which is using a custom DFFS version, but has a blank custom version field when reviewing.

Thanks

Adam

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      When selecting an existing list to review the DFFS installation it takes some time to load the current settings. From your screenshot, it looks like your config hasn’t finished loading – and when it does, it will show the current custom version in the input field.

Can you try again to see if it loads correctly?

Alexander

AdamP
      Participant

Thanks for your quick reply Alexander.

The config loading doesn’t continue any further, but I think I’ve worked out what’s happening…

I’m on SP2010 so the document mode is set to IE8. If I use developer tools to change that to IE9 or above the installer page loads correctly with the custom version field populated. Firefox also okay as it ignores the IE document mode…

With IE8 mode active there is an error in the console when I select the list to install/reinstall;

SCRIPT5007: Unable to get property ‘match’ of undefined or null reference
      File: DFFS_Installer.aspx, Line: 1247, Column: 75

That line is;

var rw = jQuery(data).find(“Content”).html(), ra = rw.match(/\/\*dffs_loader_custom_code\*\/(.*?)\/\*dffs_loader_custom_code\*\//), rf = rw.match(/dffs_custom_version_folder=\”([^’]*?)\”/);

Unable to get property ‘match’ of undefined or null reference

Now I know how to work around it it’s not a huge issue, but might catch some people out.

Adam

AdamP
      Participant

Actually, if I let the debugger run, I end up with three of the same error in the console – presumably one for each form.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I’m glad you figured it out. I’ll fix the IE 8 compatible problem in the next version.

Alexander

AdamP
      Participant

I think I’ve spotted another slight bug with this, even in firefox.
      If you select a list with a custom DFFS version installed, the installer reports the correct folder in the custom version field.
      If you then switch to a different list using the “Target list:” dropdown, if there is no custom version installed then custom version field incorrectly reports the folder (it shows the value from the previously selected list with custom version installed)
      The custom version field seems to only update correctly if a custom version is actually installed on the target list – which could lead to confusion.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I have actually already found and fixed this bug when I looked into the IE 8 problem. I’m about to publish an new version now.

Alexander

AdamP
      Participant

All seems to be working correctly (incl in IE8 mode) in the latest version.
      Thanks Alexander!

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Thanks for the update – I’m glad it worked out.

Alexander

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.