Create child item (document library) directly in folder

Forums vLooup for SharePoint Create child item (document library) directly in folder

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Michal Riha
      Participant

Hi Alexander,

is it possible to create child item directly in a folder? Folder name is taken from parent field / or free typing string.
      For example – if parent property is %ID% – when I click to “add new item button”, child item (document) is uploaded to …/DocLibrary/%ID%/ folder (url).

Thanks and best regards
      Michal

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I don’t think this is possible using the default “Add new item” button, but if you use vLookup to create the folders (see Add new folder option in the vLookup config) you can use the “Show upload button when hovering over a folder” to have a document added to the current folder.

Alexander

Michal Riha
      Participant

I suppose that document library folder is only part of url.
      And when uploading document – just not upload to /DocumentLibrary but to /DocumentLibrary/Folder.. “Folder” is known in advance (it is parent ID)

Current solution “Show upload button…” is not usable for me.

Is it possible to use this (part of) code?: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/dn292553.aspx

Michal

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      Does the folder already exist, or do you want to automatically create the folder, and then upload the file?

Which version of SharePoint are you using? – in O365 you can select from existing folder in the add file dialog.

Alexander

Michal Riha
      Participant

Hi Alexander,
      automatically create folder would be nice, but it is not critical (I can create folders before manually).

I am using onprem 2013 (foundation).

Michal

Michal Riha
      Participant

Hi Alexander,

any success?

Thanks

Michal

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      Sorry for the delay – I have been away for a few days. Can you test this version of vLookup and see if it works in your setup?

Replace the two files in your “/SPJS/DFFS/plugins” folder.

You can see the new option in the vLookup backend config in the attached image.

PS: The folder will be created if it does not already exist in the document library.

Alexander

Michal Riha
      Participant

Hi Alexander,
      works perfect! Thanks
      Michal

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.