Create Approve button within the editform

Forums Classic DFFS Create Approve button within the editform

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      David M
      Participant

Hello,

I’m using Dynamic forms within my SPD workflow in SP 2010.

For approvals, I currently have a radio button date field and also a comment field. Is it possible to have an approval button inside the form?

There is a post of approval buttons in the header which I’ve read, but I’m trying to see if it is possible to put one inside the form.

If there is a way to have an ‘Approval’ button, which then inserts the username and Time/date stamp into another field that would be ideal.

Thanks so much,

Dave

p.s. I’ve included a version of what the screen looks like.

Attachments:
      Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      If you want to insert the username and date by code and refresh the page (most likely in DispForm) you can add this code to the custom js textarea:

function myCustomApproveFunction(){
          var data = {}, today = new Date(), res;
          data.PeoplePicker1 = _spPageContextInfo.userId;
          data.DateColumn1 = today.getFullYear()+"-"+(today.getMonth()+1)+"-"+today.getDate()+" 06:00:00";
          res = spjs.utility.updateItem({"listName":_spPageContextInfo.pageListId,"id":spjs.dffs.data.thisItemID,"data":data});
          if(res.success){
              alert("Approved!");
              location.href = location.href;
          }else{
              alert(res.errorText);
          }
      }

You must change “PeoplePicker1” and “DateColumn1” to your own field names.

Then add this to a html section in one of your tabs:

<input type="button" value="Approve item" onclick="myCustomApproveFunction();return false;">

If you however wants to insert this information when doing a “hand editing” of the item in EditForm (to automate filling the PP and the date picker) you can use a rule and the “Set field value” option.

Hope this helps,
      Alexander

Rich Rockwell
      Participant

Alexander, thanks for this.

I’m not able to get it to work. I click the button and nothing happens. When I debug it, I get the message “Object doesn’t support property or method ‘updateItem'” Any suggestions?

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi Rich,
      The method “updateItem” is part of the spjs-utility.js file. If you are using an older version of this file you can try changing “spjs.utility.updateItem” for “spjs_updateItem”.

Alexander

Rich Rockwell
      Participant

That was it! That worked. Thank you, Alexander. You are the best!

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I’m glad it worked.

Happy new year!

Alexander

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.