Configuring rules according the Yes/No choice fields in form

Forums Classic DFFS Configuring rules according the Yes/No choice fields in form

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      shyam06
      Participant

Hi,

I have field “Travel Type” with four values. For example when “Conference” is selected, it shows the “have you received conference approval” selection with Yes and No options. If Yes is selected, nothing changes. If no, is selected, it should display a message with next steps. Now, when “Training” is selected, it should only show “have you received training approval” but it display both the “have you received conference approval” and “have you received training approval” options. I have included screenshots of my rules that are setup and I am not sure what I might be doing wrong. My first rule is when the form is ready, it hides the two received approval fields mentioned above and the others rules are attached in order.

Second, when I toggle between the different options in Travel Type, the options for each of them don’t change accordingly. The “Internal” and “Vendor” meeting types should make no changes to the form. Does this have to be configured in my rules or am I missing another part?

Third, when I hide fields based on rules, I’m left with a couples of lines towards the end of the form. Is there a way to remove them?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you!

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      Try unchecking the “No reversing of this rule” to have the actions “reset” when the rule don’t apply. This is necessary to support toggling the different options in the “Travel Type” selector.

Let me know how this works out.

I must see a screenshot of the form to understand what you mean by the lines. It could be related to using side-by-side layout on the form. If so, you may need to hide a few other “id’s” in the rule.

Alexander

shyam06
      Participant

Hi Alexander,

I did uncheck that and that did not fix the issue. Here’s is what I want to do:
      On form load:
      – Travel Type field must be visible and the rest of the fields and headings need to be hidden.
      – If a user selects Internal meeting or vendor meeting, all the fields and headings should load.

If the user selects Conference:
      – it must load the do you have conference approval field and hid the rest of the field.
      – Now, if the user selects “yes”, it must load all the fields in the remainder of the form.
      -But if the user selects “no”, I have a message being displayed to seek approval and it end there.

If the user selects Training:
      – it must load the do you have training approval field and hid the rest of the field.
      – Now, if the user selects “yes”, it must load all the fields in the remainder of the form.
      -But if the user selects “no”, I have a message being displayed to seek approval and it end there.

Hope this helps in seeing what the problem is. Im not sure if my rules are being set correctly so I would appreciate help with that.

I tried hiding the ids and that didn’t work. I have attached screenshot.

Thank you!

Attachments:
      Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Sorry for the delay. Could you save the list as a template and send it to me so I can try to set it up correctly?

Also include the configuration “blob” in a text-file. You can export this from the Misc tab in the DFFS backend.

You find my email in the “About me” tab above.

Alexander

shyam06
        Participant

I’ve sent it to you.

Thank you!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.