Change field labels based on Dropdown

Forums Classic DFFS Change field labels based on Dropdown

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      avala
      Participant

Alexander,

Looking for a custom function compatible with DFFS and vLookup that would change field labels based on a value I’m passing from the parent item to the child item.

For example, if I pass the value “New Job” into the Request Type field my visible fields would read Start Date, End Date, Task Manager, and Client Contact. If I pass the value “Revised Task” into the Request Type field, I want my visible fields to read Revised Start Date, Revised End Date, Revised Manager, etc.

See screenshots below.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      I don’t have a function in DFFS that does this, but you can do it like this in a custom function in the Custom JS textarea:

Use this line to change the label of a SBS field – “FieldNumber1” is the FieldInternalName:

$("#sbs_FieldLabel_FieldNumber1").find(".ms-standardheader").text("test");

Use this to set the label of a standard field not in SBS configuration:

$("#dffs_FieldNumber1").find(".ms-standardheader").text("test");

If you pass this key in the URL from the vLookup “prefill value in child”

FieldNumber1=New label

you can use this code to set the value:

$("#sbs_FieldLabel_FieldNumber1").find(".ms-standardheader").text(GetUrlKeyValue("FieldNumber1"));

Hope this helps,
      Alexander

• This reply was modified 8 years, 1 month ago by Alexander Bautz. Reason: Fixed typo in field name
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.