Cascading Dropdowns creating problems on EditForm and Backend Config

Forums Classic DFFS Cascading Dropdowns creating problems on EditForm and Backend Config

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Chris Diltz
      Participant

My only EditForm using Cascading Dropdowns is not loading correctly (tabs, rules, etc.) after updating to package v4.4.2.2. If I downgrade to the Casc JS file from DFFS package 4.4.2.0, the form loads correctly but the backend config UI does not. I have attached several screenshots and additional detail.

Chris Diltz
      Participant

I’m using SP 2010

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Sorry for the delay. It seems I have used a method in the “throwDFFS_loadError” function that doesn’t play well with IE. Are you able to use for example Google Chrome or another modern browser to test it?

It may be that the error you experience with cascasding dropdowns is already fixed in the “incremental release” found here: https://files.spjsworks.com/?dir=files%2FDFFS+and+plugins%2FIncrementalReleases%2FSPJS-CascadingDropdown%2Fv3.6.2%2F

I’ll fix the “throwDFFS_loadError” function in the next release.

Let me know if you are able to get some more specific errors in another browser.

Best regards,
      Alexander

Chris Diltz
      Participant

I retraced the steps in Chrome and get the same experience. I’m attaching the error that was thrown in the Chrome debugger.

It references the first destination column but when I remove that from the configuration, it throws the same error for the next destination column.

When I delete the Casc config, the problem goes away.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Thank you for the detailed descriptions – I have identified the problem(s) and have uploaded a new version of the spjs-casc.js plugin here

The loading error in DFFS backend when trying to load the older version of the spjs-casc.js plugin is caused by a bug in how I check the version number and will be fixed in the upcoming version of DFFS.

I’m sorry for the inconvenience, and please post back here how this new version works out.

Alexander

Chris Diltz
      Participant

It works now. Thank you so much!

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Thank you for the feedback.

Alexander

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.