CASC :multi on change?

Forums Cascading dropdowns CASC :multi on change?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Kasey
      Participant

I have a cascading drop down with the :muli option on two fields. I need to make the second required based on the selected value of #1. I created a function for this which works but I cant figure out a way to trigger the function on the change of #1. Since it is multiple lines of text I cant use it as a trigger in an out of the box rule. Is there anything I can do to trigger my function when the selected options of #1 change?

The requester also wants to limit the ability to select one of the options with any other option. I implemented an alert but if I could force clearing all selected options that would be better. I tried setFieldValue but that didn’t seem to impact the multi select casc. Is there a way to clear all selected options from a multi casc?

//Non with others
      var highRiskProcess = $.trim(getFieldValue(“HighRiskProcess”));
      if(highRiskProcess.indexOf(“Non – No Process Alignment;”) != -1 && highRiskProcess !== “Non – No Process Alignment;”){
      alert(“You have selected a High Risk Process of Non – No Process Alignment with other High Risk Processes. Please remove Non – No Process Alignment”);
      setFieldValue(“HighRiskProcess”,””); //doesn’t work
      }

Kasey
      Participant

I figured out a method to call my function when adding/removing options which I have provided below. You may have a better option for me. I also figured out I can clear all selected options if I setFieldValue to “” and reinitialize my casc.

$().ready(function () {
      checkForDOMAndCalculate();
      });

function checkForDOMAndCalculate() {
      setTimeout(checkDOM, 100);
      }

function checkDOM() {
      if( $(‘#HighRiskProcess_casc_btnRemove’).length ){
      $(“#HighRiskProcess_casc_btnAdd”).click(function() {highRiskProcess()});
      $(“#HighRiskProcess_casc_btnRemove”).click(function() {highRiskProcess()});
      }
      else{
      checkForDOMAndCalculate();
      }
      }

Kasey
      Participant

Actually, I cant get my second cascade selected options to clear for some reason. So if you have a way to reset all selected options to nothing please let me know.

Kasey
      Participant

Sorry, I figured out how to clear all options.

spjs.casc.clear(“HighRiskProcess”,0)

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      Sorry for the late reply – did you figure it out, or still have questions?

Alexander

Kasey
        Participant

I’m not sure if I’m doing it the most efficient way possible but yes, I did get it working.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

If it’s working I think we leave it like that for now – I’m a bit busy with sorting out an issue with the latest DFFS BETA.

Best regards,
      Alexander

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.