Can't Get Cascading Dropdowns Tab to Show in DFFS Backend

Forums Cascading dropdowns Can't Get Cascading Dropdowns Tab to Show in DFFS Backend

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      Andrew Fletcher
      Participant

Hi —

I can’t seem to get the cascading dropdowns tab to show in the DFFS backend. I have the reference to SPJS-Casc_min.js referenced in both the frontend and backend CEWPs. Is there something else I’m missing?

Thanks.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      The Cascading dropdown tab does not show in DispForm – could this be the issue?

PS: I have changed this in the next release so that the tab shows, but you can still only use it in NewForm and EditForm.

Alexander

Andrew Fletcher
        Participant

Unfortunately, no. I’ve tried from both the editform and newform.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Can you post a screenshot of “DFFS_frontend_CEWP.html” and “DFFS_baclend_CEWP.html” here?

– mask the URL if you have used the full URL to your site.

Alexander

Andrew Fletcher
      Participant

So here’s the backend CEWP:

<div id="dffs_backend"></div>
      <link type="text/css" href="/Style%20Library/dffs/DFFS_backend.css" rel="stylesheet">
      <script type="text/javascript" src="/Style%20Library/dffs/jquery-1.11.2.min.js"></script>
      <script type="text/javascript" src="/Style%20Library/dffs/spjs-utility.js"></script>
      <!-- Optional plugins: uncomment and fix the sctipt src to point to your locale file -->
      <script type="text/javascript" src="/Style%20Library/dffs/vLookup_backend_min.js"></script>
      <script type="text/javascript" src="/Style%20Library/dffs/SPJS-Casc_min.js"></script>
      <!-- 
      <script type="text/javascript" src="/Path_To_You_Locale_Copy/SPJSRM/SPJSRM.js"></script>
      -->
      <script type="text/javascript">

var spjs_dffs_license = "put the license code here";

</script>
      <script type="text/javascript" src="/Style%20Library/dffs/DFFS_backend_min.js"></script>

and here’s the frontend:

<link type="text/css" href="/Style%20Library/dffs/DFFS_Frontend.css" rel="stylesheet">
      <script type="text/javascript" src="/Style%20Library/dffs/jquery-1.11.2.min.js"></script>
      <script type="text/javascript" src="/Style%20Library/dffs/spjs-utility.js"></script>
      <!-- Optional plugins: uncomment and fix the script src to point to your locale file -->

<script type="text/javascript" src="/Style%20Library/dffs/vLookup_frontend_min.js"></script> 
      <script type="text/javascript" src="/Style%20Library/dffs/SPJS-Casc_min.js"></script>
      <!--
      <script type="text/javascript" src="/Path_To_You_Locale_Copy/SPJSRM/SPJSRM.js"></script>
      -->
      <script type="text/javascript">

var spjs_dffs_license = "Put the DFFS license code here";
      var spjs_dffs_backend = "/SitePages/dffsadmin.aspx";

</script>
      <script type="text/javascript" src="/Style%20Library/dffs/DFFS_Frontend_min.js"></script>

The one other odd thing I noticed is the Resource Management tab is showing but I don’t have that plug-in installed or referenced in the CEWPs.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

This looks right. Do you see any errors in the developer console (hit F12 > console)?

Can you double check the path to the script file by going to the style library and right click the file and select “copy shortcut”?

Alexander

Andrew Fletcher
        Participant

Shoot this this a bugger of a problem. No errors in the console and I replaced the link in both CEWPs and went back and replaced the links to the CEWPs in the form as well as backend. Same thing. Resource management tab shows but not the Cascading Dropdowns tab.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Is it possible for me to log in and have a look?

If so, please send login information by email. You find my address in the “About me” tab above.

Alexander

William Nevarez
      Participant

Hello Alexander,
      I too am experiencing this same issue where the Cascading tab on the backend form is not visible. For the mostpart my script information is the same as the user above; however, I am currently using:
      DFFS Backend v4.259
      CSS version: 4.02
      spjs-utility version: 1.206

Any assistance is appreciated on how I can get the Cascading tab to be visible.
      William

Andrew Fletcher
      Participant

William —

I was able to get the tabs to show by deleting the lists that DFFS automatically creates the first time you use it (SPJS-DynamicFormsForSharePoint and SPJS-vLookupSettings). From here I went back and clicked the DFFS link at the bottom of the newform and editform and let SPJS recreate those lists. See if that works.

William Nevarez
      Participant

Thanks Andrew I appreciate the suggestion.
      I only hade the SPJS-DynamicFormsForSharePoint list created as Im not using the vLookup feature, so I deleted that as instructed and am still unable to see the Cascading Columns tab on the backend form.
      Please feel free to share any additional suggestions. Luckily Im not in production yet so I have a little time to get this working.

William

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Can you verify that you are editing the backend for NewForm or EditForm? Also, please ensure you have the correct “src” to the spjs_casc.js script in the DFFS backend.

Alexander

William Nevarez
      Participant

So I reviewed the developer tools and saw a strange “accessdenied5” error message which had no additional details. So I cleared the cache and ensured my folder with the DFFS files had the appropriate access, deleted the SPJS-DFFS list and relaunched the form and the cascading columns tab is now visible.
      Thank you again for all of the quick help, it is greatly appreciated!

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I’m glad you figured it out. Please let me know if you encounter other oddities.

Alexander

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.