Can DFFS be used on multiple EditForms?

Forums Classic DFFS Can DFFS be used on multiple EditForms?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Jeff Law
      Participant

Hi,

Im looking at a requirement where there would be 2 editforms for a list.

The default one would be the standard edit form used to edit pretty much all the fields in the item.
      The second one is a specific form used in certain circumstances to update only a couple of fields.

In my testing I have created a new Edit Form, called EditFormCustom, and it is not the default edit form. When I edit this form and add the two web parts, overlay and frontend, it goes through the motions of trying to run, and times out. When I click to close the overlay there is no DFFS setup button at the bottom of the form.

Does DFFS have a restriction that only allows it to work on the default forms?

This might not be the end of the world, because I am thinking that in order to do this type of thing with the restriction of only one editform, I could still achieve the same thing but passing a parameter to the form when calling it, that I extract from the URL and then expose the tabs that are required for that parameter.

Would this be the correct/recommended approach to this scenario?

Regards
      Jeff

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      Yes, DFFS works only with unmodified, out of the box forms, but your suggested approach should work. Let me know if you have further questions.

Alexander

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.