Autosubscribe user for future comments

Forums Comment box for SharePoint Autosubscribe user for future comments

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Mathieu Zouaoua
      Participant

Hello,

First of all, thanks for your commentbox solution, it has been used on our production intranet for months with success. Especially, we use it on the ticketing system to allow interactive discussion between the IT team and the users.

For now, the ticket reporter HAS TO subscribe himself for futur comments by clicking on the bell icon. It’s working fine, but a lot of our users forget to do so, and it would be much more useable to autosubscribe the reporter when he submits his ticket.

So I tried two things:
      – Using javascript on the Save button to create a list item in SPJSCommentBox list, but at this stage, I don’t have the new ticket ID to form the :subscrive url to put in the title column of the list.
      – Using a workflow to create a new list item, but I don’t have access to columns EMail and Title in the Create List Item action (Mayby because the list is created in javascript ?).

Would you have any suggestion ?
      Thanks for your input !

Mathieu

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      Sorry for the delay. This is a good idea, and I have added support for it in the upcoming release. I have also fixed a few other issues where blank comments might show up when someone subscribes, and also a possible problem with comments with multiple subscribers.

I’ll do my best to get it wrapped up and published before the weekend.

Best regards,
      Alexander

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Sorry for the delay. I wasn’t able to get it posted last week, and unfortunately I cannot find time to write it up before next week.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
      Alexander

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      I was finally able to wrap up a new release: https://spjsblog.com/2017/04/19/commentbox-for-sharepoint-small-update/

Let me know how it works out.

Alexander

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.