Autocomplete deletes data entered

Forums Autocomplete Autocomplete deletes data entered

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Celeste Garcia
      Participant

I have three AC fields in my form, and two of them work perfectly. The third one, however, deletes any data entered in the field when returning results. See screenshot attached – as you can see, I typed in “cast”, but it has been removed from the field. After I’ve added a few characters, the results are displayed and I cannot keep searching for longer strings…

This AC field is set up exactly the same as another field that’s working great. Any ideas as to why?

Also, a question/suggestion: could you add an option to clear the fields defined in setFields when the AC field is cleared?

Thank you!!

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      The issue with the “setFields” not being cleared is a bug and I’ll fix it in the next revision – I’ll publish it in a few days.

The issue with the field being cleared is a bit more mysterious. Could it be another DFFS rule that kicks in and clears it?

Alexander

Celeste Garcia
      Participant

Thanks for the bug fix!

I don’t think there is any other DFFS setting that affects the field being cleared, but I’ll keep looking.

In the meantime, I think we found another bug today – when you use the Down key + Enter to select an AC option with OptionDetail fields showing, it pastes the AC field value plus the OptionDetail data into the field as one long string. This doesn’t happen if users click the value they want.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Thanks for the feedback. I’ll fix this bug in the next release in a few days.

If you find more details about the other issue that could help me recreate I’ll do my best to fix it.

Best regards,
      Alexander

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.