5,000 Item limit

Forums Autocomplete 5,000 Item limit

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      DCH
      Participant

Alexander,

I sense a “no” coming, and I understand, but is it possible to make your autocomplete solution work on lists that have more than 5,000 items?

Thanks!

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I’m fairly confident it should handle the 5000 items limit – Have you tested it?

If it does not work, I might have another version that have not been published.

Alexander

DCH
      Participant

Yes, I get this message when the target list has over 5000 items:

The attempted operation is prohibited because it exceeds the list view threshold enforced by the administrator. Operations that exceed the list view threshold are allowed in the following time window defined by the administrator: Daily, from 9:00:00 PM to 1:00:00 AM.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I have now updated spjs-utility.js to support large lists: https://spjsblog.com/2015/07/26/spjs-utility-updated-with-support-for-querying-large-lists/

Can you test the autocomplete solution after you have updated spjs-utility.js to v1.209?

Alexander

DCH
      Participant

Alexander,

I tested it this morning and it didn’t work for me. I never got the error message, but the autocomplete search never returned any results.

Thanks!

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Strange, it did work in my test in an Office 365 site. Can you locate this line in spjs-utility.js:

if(result.errorCode === '0x80070024'){

and change it like this:

console.log(result.errorCode);
      if(result.errorCode === '0x80070024'){

You must bring up the developer console (F12 > Console) to see the output – what does it read?

When you are in the developer console, you can go to the “Network” tab and activate the logging (hit “play” in the top left corner). Look at the output and compare it with “Network_log.PNG” (attached).

The first “/DFFS/_vti_bin/lists.asmx” with result 500 is the first query that hits the error handler in the first code snippet in this comment, and the next is the query to find the highest ID in the list. The next two is the original query separated into chunks of max 5000 items each.

How does your output look like?

Alexander

Attachments:
      DCH
      Participant

I finally got a change to test this out. My results on the Network look the same as yours, except the URL has a double slash that doesn’t look right.

/sites/sitename//_vti_bin/lists.asmx

I also got this error on the Console tab:

0x80070024
      SCRIPT438: Object doesn't support property or method 'filterNode'
      File: jquery.min.js, Line: 4, Column: 21331
      • This reply was modified 8 years, 7 months ago by DCH.
      • This reply was modified 8 years, 7 months ago by DCH.
      Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      Regarding the double slash: Did you use a slash at the end of the “listBaseUrl” in the arguments to the function? – if so, remove this.

The other error might be the origin of the problem, and I suspect this has to do with jQuery being loaded more than once in the page. This causes the “filterNode” prototype function that is added by spjs-utility.js to be overwritten.

Please ensure you load jQuery only once and do another test.

Alexander

DCH
        Participant

You are the master! I got rid of the extra slash, and I was calling jQuery twice. Cleaned it all up and everything works perfect. Thanks!

Maybe you said it in the DFFS installation guide and I missed it… but I included the jQuery and spjs-utility library references in the frontend aspx page per the instructions, but I was already calling them both from my master page.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I’m glad it worked out!

Best regards,
      Alexander

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.